The Solar Plexus Chakra
In this post, we will dive deeper into the Solar Plexus chakra and discover more about this chakra such as imbalance symptoms, color therapy, aromatherapy, gemstones, and affirmations.
Solar Plexus (Manipura) - The Third Chakra or the Solar plexus chakra is known as the Manipura Chakra in Sanskrit. ‘Mani’ stands for pearl or jewel and ‘pura’ stands for city. Thus, the Manipura Chakra is responsible for ‘pearls of wisdom’, well being, clarity and common sense in every individual. Experts call the Third Chakra the ‘self power chakra’- one’s self-confidence, self-discipline and the ability to achieve goals all come from it.
Solar Plexus Chakra Color Therapy:
Yellow is a bright, empowering color that brings light and growth to our life. It is a symbol of universal love. Yellow helps with self-definition and is a good color to visualize when engaging in physical activities.
The color yellow is associated with the solar plexus chakra, located between the navel and the lower end of the sternum. The solar plexus can be imagined as our own personal sun. The healing properties of this chakra are connected with the pancreas, liver, digestive system and gallbladder and with our ability to absorb nutrition. Working with the solar plexus chakra and the color yellow is said to encourage positive, empowered thinking and link us to our creativity, well-being, pleasure, and abundance.
Solar Plexus Chakra Aroma Therapy: Here are a list of essential oils that are great for helping to balance the Solar Plexus chakra. Try using an oil below that resonates with the Solar Plexus chakra during your next focused meditation.
Gemstones – Below are just a small handful of some of the gemstones commonly used to heal the Solar Plexus chakra.
- Golden Topaz
- Yellow Calcite
- I love and accept myself.
- I am strong and courageous.
- I am worthy of love, kindness, and respect.
- I choose the best for myself.
- I express myself in a powerful way.
- I am proud of my achievements.
- I honor my self.
- I choose healthy relationships.
- I am authentic.
- I direct my own life.
- I appreciate my strengths.
- I feel my own power.
- I am free to choose in any situation.
- I seek opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
- I am at peace with myself.
Signs of a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Comfortable in Own Skin
- Inner Peace
- Confidence Without Arrogance
- Calm Demeanor
Imbalances in the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Low Self-Esteem or Arrogant, Egotistical Behavior
- Feeling Abandoned or Rejected or Feeling the World Revolves Around You
- Difficulty Understanding or Controlling Emotions
- Rebellious or Too Eager to Please
- Nervous or Stressed Out
- Addictive Behaviors Including Eating Disorders
The significance of having a balanced Solar Plexus chakra
It is vital to have well-balanced chakras for good health and overall well-being. When there is a block in the flow of energy in any of the seven chakras, one tends to suffer from allergies, digestive problems, psychological issues and other disorders. Often, we tend to blame our ill-health and the inability to achieve goals on our circumstances. However, experts in the field of Chakras suggest that these are a result of imbalanced chakras.
Chakras can be underactive (not open enough) or they could go in an overdrive to become overactive chakras. Both these conditions can cause a variety of emotional and physical problems in individuals.
Balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra or Third Chakra
A well balanced solar plexus chakra can enable one to effectively set out and achieve his/her goals. Cleaning and opening the Third chakra can make one a better leader or even stand up for him/herself to create a life one dreams of.
There are a number of ways in which one can balance the Third Chakra:
- Thinking Yellow- Meditating while envisioning the color yellow in the navel region is one of the ways of opening and balancing the Third Chakra. Experts also recommend wearing yellow colored clothes or spending time in the sunshine to energize this Chakra.
- Dancing, playing sports and indulging in energetic activities are also considered great for balancing all Seven Chakras.
- Gems and crystals like Citrine, Topaz and yellow Citrine are also known to harmonize and balance the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Aromatherapy essential oils of Citronella and Lemon can be applied to pulse points to relax the senses while meditating upon the chakra.
- Yoga poses like the Camel, Cobra and Cow poses are ideal for opening and balancing the Third Chakra.
- Foods and spices like turmeric, chamomile, butternut squash, flax and sunflower seeds and bananas, lemons and corn are known to aid this Chakra.
The solar plexus Chakra is a very powerful Chakra that can help you achieve your goals and desires. It is, however, necessary to set smaller and doable goals to assert yourself when trying to balance it. This will enable you to love and respect yourself and become a stronger advocate of your needs.
Next Up: The Heart Chakra